2018 will be a big year for the adult use and medical cannabis industry, especially in California where prohibition has been fully overturned legally for the largest cannabis producing and consumption state. It has been over 20 years since Prop 215 gave California patients access to medical cannabis. That law has served its purpose and has now been outdated by Prop 64 which makes cannabis consumption and possession legal for all adults over 21 years of age alongside the states new medical cannabis program. Following the pre-set course of Washington and Colorado, California, long seen as the gem of the cannabis inudstry, is now poised to become the largest legal producer of cannabis is the United States,...well once they get the licensing under wraps.
Cannabis may be legal to possess and consume for Californian's, but it still hard to legally buy as only about 90 retail licenses have been sent out within the state. San Francisco and Los Angeles are among the 2 largest cities and have yet to approve any adult use retail licenses, while municipalities like Cathedral City were ready to start sales at midnight. Medical patients can still visit and buy from dispensaries, but the amount of open medical dispensaries will vary as many may opt to close while awaiting their licenses.
Here are a few state licensed Adult Use retial shops located throughout the state.
- 3600 Soquel Ave., Santa Cruz (open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.)
- 140 Dubois, Suite C, Santa Cruz (open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- 1075 N. 10th St., San Jose (open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- 1028 Buenos Ave., San Diego (open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- 3385 Sunrise St., San Diego (open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- 10671 Roselle St., Suite 100, San Diego (open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- 1550 Locust Ave., Shasta Lake (open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
Garden of Eden
- 21227 Foothill Blvd., Hayward (open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- 3081 N. State St., Ukiah (open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
Queen of Dragons
- 5044 Shasta Dam Blvd., Shasta Lake (open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- 785 Gravenstein Hwy. S., Sebastopol (open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)